Our Annual Report 2021 is now available!
25 May 2022
This has been an extraordinary year, both in terms of the challenges it has posed and the wealth of opportunities to advance our work for animal protection in Europe and beyond.
Dive into our Annual Report 2021 and discover the highlights of the year and the major advances for animals.
The year 2021 has seen many breakthroughs for animals:
- The European Commission promised to phase out caged farming for animals following the successful 'End the Cage Age' European Citizens Initiative.
- The 'No Animal Left Behind' campaign closed with almost 200,000 supporters standing up for a better future for all farm animals in Europe.
- The European Parliament voted in favour of a comprehensive plan to phase-out experiments on animals.
- 1 million citizens asked the European Commission to ban the use of wild animals in circuses.
- The EU Parliament adopted an ambitious report on the EU Biodiversity Strategy.
- During a Council meeting in June 2021, twelve Member States called on the European Commission to investigate the possibility for an EU ban on fur farming based on animal welfare, public health and ethical considerations.
- And much more!
2021 has filled me with fresh hope and energy for a different and brighter future for animals. But we cannot take anything for granted and we will not rest until we see concrete results."Reineke Hameleers, CEO of Eurogroup for Animals
Dive into our 2021 Annual Report and find out more about the highlights of the year and main breakthroughs for animals.