We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and skilled colleague to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ Communications Team in support of our advocacy efforts. The main focus of this position then is to oversee Eurogroup for Animals interactions with its different audiences by implementing social media channel content and strategies, and to draft and execute social media strategies for community growth and engagement.
- Lead on community management and run high profile social media campaigns, including reactive and proactive communications.
- Work with the Communication Team and collaborate with Eurogroup for Animals' members to create innovative content across Eurogroup for Animals' social media channels.
- Use social media management and analytics tools to measure and track performance, develop insights and recommendations for optimisation, and provide reporting and analysis.
- Draft and execute social media strategies for community growth and engagement, including organic and paid activities.
- Write compelling copy and design visuals for social media channels.
- Identify and engage with social influencers.
- Advise Eurogroup for Animals Communications Team on social media tactics and best practices.
- Explore emerging digital trends and tools.
- Work closely with the Policy Teams to translate sometimes technical insights into accessible language for our key audiences.
- Write blog entries, proofread texts and generally contribute to written content.
- Liaise with external suppliers (professional proofreaders, graphic designers, etc.).
- Contribute to the content pipeline and optimise communication impact towards our key audiences by strategically managing content dispatching across our respective communication channels and products.
- Streamline communication outputs so as to comply with one consistent quality approach.
- Strategise with relevant communications and policy colleagues on how to most efficiently reach our target audiences.
- Develop a “community” of animal advocacy communication professionals among our member organisations to foster exchange, knowledge and expertise and maximise our collective communications impact.
- Occasionally develop digital training and skillshares; coordinate and facilitate digital cooperation with Eurogroup for Animals ’member organisations.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years experience in communications (consultancy, NGO or industry sectors).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Demonstrable experience creating written and visual content for different channels.
- Demonstrable experience of growing and maintaining a digital audience.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and opportunities for engagement.
- Ability to tell a story with data, translating data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media.
- Demonstrated understanding of META marketing.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Google Workspace, Google Analytics).
- Outstanding proven time management and organisational skills.
- Entrepreneurial and creative.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented.
- Good ability of working as a team member and independently.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the animal welfare sector and affinity with animal advocacy.
- Understanding of the Brussels environment and its media landscape.
- Experience with video content creation.
- Experience with TikTok.
- Knowledge of at least one other European language.
- Proficient with Adobe suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, Drupal, Canva (or similar) and Meltwater.
- Ability to use Project Management tools.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Contract subject to funding renewal. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send to Ruth Gardner at email@example.com:
- A letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post, including your salary expectations, two references and how you heard about this position.
- Your CV in English (PDF format)
- Your social media portfolio including two case studies.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 11 December 2022.