We are looking for a Senior Political Adviser who can support our organisation in delivering impact for animals during the maternity leave of our Political Affairs Manager. You have demonstrable experience in political affairs at EU level and have a strong affinity with the protection of animals. You have excellent diplomatic and strategic skills and are keen to empower team members to go the extra mile.
In close collaboration with the Communications Manager, the Senior Political Adviser spearheads the Public Affairs team, carrying out advocacy activities towards EU institutions, in partnership with the Political Advisers and policy leads, thereby helping to create a good life for animals in Europe.
- Together with the Political Affairs Team, lead on several political files and ensure delivery of key outcomes.
- Keep the CEO and the Team abreast of all key political developments and advocacy activities, and work with the CEO on strategy and high level lobby activities.
- Assist colleagues in all policy areas with political calls, communications, voting recommendations and legislative mapping.
- Contribute to the development of political strategies and shape political calls, communications and campaigns.
- Working with institutional stakeholders in the European Commission, European Parliament, Council and building alliances around our advocacy objectives.
- Involve and engage Eurogroup for Animals’ community of members to maximise pressure on institutional stakeholders.
- Act as a representative for Eurogroup for Animals at political events, as needed.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in political science, law or similar.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of EU public affairs (5-10 years), including in-depth knowledge of EU policy making and influencing processes.
- Comfort with, and an established history of, interacting with senior officials, diplomats and politicians to deliver concrete changes to policy.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, able to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent people-skills – the ability to influence, network, build alliances and work well in a team.
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do, hands-on attitude.
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- The person should have affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals. The values that we at Eurogroup for Animals adhere to are:
- A focus on member organisations.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the animal protection sector and affinity with animal advocacy.
- Knowledge of at least one other European language.
- Ability to use Project Management tools.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems.
Contract duration: 4-6 months. Full-time position (20-38h per week/negotiable) based at Eurogroup for Animals office (29 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels) with remote working possible. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered or a consultancy. A valid EU working permit is required.
Start date: immediate.
To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Louise Hilditch - email@example.com - by 13 November 2022. Please explain what you would bring to the position and provide examples of fulfilling comparable responsibilities. In your cover email please state your salary requirements and include how you heard about this position. We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.