Eurogroup for Animals
Eurogroup for Animals is the pan-European animal protection organisation which unites the voices of leading national and international organisations. We work to improve the welfare of as many animals as possible by leading and delivering coordinated advocacy and campaigns at European level. Eurogroup for Animals uses its knowledge and expertise to challenge EU decision makers and bring about positive change. By uniting our members and working together we magnify national activities to get our message across at European level.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and skilled colleague to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ team in support of our advocacy efforts. In close collaboration with all member organisations in Poland, the Political Adviser coordinates and carries out advocacy activities towards the Polish government and parliament in support of specific European animal welfare policy objectives. S/he will also be part of the Eurogroup for Animals Political Affairs Team, which carries out advocacy activities towards all the EU institutions in close collaboration with their policy and communications colleagues, thereby helping to create a good life for animals in Europe.
- Further support for Eurogroup for Animals’ policy goals within Poland, specifically in relation to the forthcoming European legislative proposals on the welfare of animals kept and used for commercial purposes, during their transport and slaughter, and on animal welfare labelling.
- Involving and engaging Eurogroup for Animals’ community of members within Poland (Compassion in World Farming Poland, Green REV Institute, Otwarte Klatki) to maximise pressure on national decision makers.
- In coordination with members, working with MPs, government ministers and civil servants around key advocacy objectives.
- Produce advocacy arguments to shape key debates on European animal welfare policy within Poland.
- Providing national decision makers with scientific advice and tailored European policy solutions.
- Shape political calls and contribute to communications and campaigns activities within Poland to ensure that European animal welfare policy calls are included.
- Draft oral/written questions, lobby briefs, letters, and items for communications purposes.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant EU-level policy decisions in the EU institutions and report regularly to the Eurogroup for Animals Political Affairs Team.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of public affairs, knowledge of policy making and influencing processes.
- Demonstrable advocacy skills and knowledge.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Well-organised and focussed on concrete results and deliverables.
- Analytical skills.
- Flexible and pragmatic.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Google Workspace).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Good ability of working as team member and independently.
- Affinity with animal welfare issues and commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ mission.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Background in animal advocacy.
- Knowledge of at least one other European language.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Ability to use Project Management tools.
- Degree in law or relevant equivalent.
Competitive remuneration. Working from home or offices of member organisations in Poland. Contract subject to funding renewal.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
How to apply: To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Aurélie Cassart - email@example.com - by 15 February 2023. Please state your salary requirements in your cover email and include how you heard about this position. We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.