Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels-based European umbrella advocacy organisation, representing more than 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals where the well-being of animals is assured because they experience a good life.
The Office Manager & Personal Assistant to CEO has an ‘all round’ role, playing a key part in ensuring that the organisation runs smoothly. S/he reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with the CEO and all other staff members. S/he will support a team of 35+, some of whom work in the office and some remotely.
Ensuring an optimal working environment (70%)
- Managing the office rental and sub-rental and liaising with the building owner as required;
- Front-office: permanent presence in the office, answering landline phone and door, welcoming guests, receiving deliveries, answering alarm calls, ensures the office is neat and clean;
- Managing services and supplies for the office:
- cleaners, alarm company, maintenance as required etc.;
- coffee, water, consumables, etc.
- Ordering equipment for all team members (remote or in the office) as required (IT, furniture etc.) as well as ensuring team can get IT support;
- Keeping the office inventory up-to-date;
- Time tracking: ensuring the whole team completes their timesheets on time each month, validating them and getting the approval of line managers.
- Support the whole team in organising physical meetings including Board meetings as required, including ordering catering and booking restaurants;
- Onboarding of new team members and managing the proper exit procedures of departing team members.
PA to the CEO (30%)
- Support the CEO as required with tasks such as setting up meetings with key stakeholders, making travel arrangements, processing expense claims.
Skills and Qualifications
The person should have affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals.
- Proven ability to manage an office and team of at least the same size (35 ppl);
- Comfortable in managing a constant flow of very varied requests for support, setting clear expectations and delivering according to agreements;
- Fluent written and spoken English, advanced written and spoken French;
- Strong diary management ability;
- Confident at managing accounts and invoices;
- Advanced user of software programs including spreadsheets, documents and presentations, (GoogleSuite or alternatives such as Microsoft/Apple etc.).
- Knowledge of Dutch;
- Understanding of and knowledge of the Brussels environment and the European institutions.
- Ability to deal with pressure and change in a calm and professional manner;
- Professional, striving for excellence;
- Proactive and solutions-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills showing maturity and confidence;
- Strong team player.
- Permanent, full-time position (38h per week)
- Based at Eurogroup for Animals office, 29 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels - no remote working possible.
- Only occasional work outside normal office hours (e.g. for AGM and Board meetings.) which can be recuperated.
Start date: 15 November or as soon as possible thereafter
To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Louise Hilditch - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your salary requirements in your cover email and include how you heard about this position. We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.
Position open until filled.