Full-time position, based in Brussels
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, representing 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals where the well-being of animals is assured because they experience a good life.
Purpose of the role
Eurogroup for Animals has continuously growing its network of members and allies to drive change for animals in Europe. This is an exciting time for a new Membership Development Officer to join our team and act as the primary interface between Eurogroup for Animals, its members and other supporters. We expect this position to successfully anchor the membership model at the heart of our organisation’s advocacy efforts, communications and governance to maximise Eurogroup for Animals’ impact for animals across the EU.
- Develop and deliver cutting edge membership and donor engagement, growth and retention strategies.
- Promote the organization actively to existing and potential member organisations; drive (new) programs/services that meet member needs and deliver optimal membership satisfaction; optimise retention, minimise lapses in membership/donors, and orchestrate our overall approach to communication and interaction with supporters.
- Draft compelling funding applications for members and other supporters.
- In collaboration with the engagement team, develop membership engagement (communication) products in support of the above tasks to use across our digital channels (website, facebook, twitter, instagram).
- Collate and produce donor reports surfacing membership/donor value, analysing member satisfaction, engagement statistics (marketing measurement systems), trends and relevant developments in animal advocacy.
- Support the planning and delivery of member engagement events, and attend events, both internally and externally to promote Eurogroup for Animals among relevant audiences.
- In close collaboration with colleagues ensure that the organisation’s operational processes and systems are adapted to its development and member/donor cultivation needs.
- Together with the Administration Officer, manage financial and other statutory membership processes; ensure membership data are at all times up-to-date in our CRM and email marketing system;
Knowledge/Job Specific Competencies:
- At least 5 years relevant marketing experience preferably in a membership context, account management and/or sales position in a non profit environment;
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds in a cause-led environment; demonstrated experience in conceiving and implementing donor cultivation journeys;
- Strong people and interpersonal skills including relationship and partnership building, clear and concise information provision and customer service;
- Routined in using CRM and mass marketing systems. Experienced in collecting, analysing and interpreting marketing data. Experienced in social media (twitter, facebook) and website marketing.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in meeting deadlines and handling multiple issues simultaneously;
- Affinity with animal advocacy - commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role;
- Results- and customer oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style;
- Strong sense of detail with the ability to think strategically and creatively. Compelling writer.
- Higher Education Degree in marketing (fundraising, communications or marketing);
- Proficiency in other European languages.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to applyTo apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Word format) by email to Louise Hilditch by 15 November 2020 at email@example.com. Please mention your salary expectations in your cover letter.