We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and skilled colleague to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ development team in support of network capacity building. The main focus of this position is to support and manage our growing re-granting activities to our network of member organisations.
The work includes liaison with colleagues across teams to develop and oversee grant projects that align with Eurogroup for Animals’ political and campaign strategies to secure bold and ambitious results for animal protection.
- Manage the entire re-grant cycle, from development to launch, pre-award to post-award.
- Evaluate and finetune grant making processes and financial logistics.
- Develop new ideas related to philanthropy and grants management.
- Work with our Operations team to ensure grants compliance, programmatic budgets and award payments are accurate and timely.
- Update our CRM (Salesforce), in order to have all grants accurately recorded and maintain all history of relationship with our member organisations.
- Liaise with the Development team in proposals for additional funding streams.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent of 3-5 years professional experience with grantmaking or similar.
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing high quality work.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Preference for working in multicultural environments.
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork.
- Confidence in decision-making ability and providing suggestions in a constructive manner.
- Diplomatic working style.
- Good project management skills and familiarity with project management tools.
- Results-oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Google Workspace).
- Affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals.
- Proficiency in at least one other European language.
- Proficiency in project management systems (Jira/Confluence) and CRM (Salesforce).
- 38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Contract subject to funding renewal. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
- Only occasional work outside normal office hours (e.g. for AGM and Board meetings.) which can be recuperated.
To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Aurélie Cassart - firstname.lastname@example.org - by 28th August 2023. Please state your salary requirements in your cover email and include how you heard about this position. After 28th August, all applications will be screened. We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.