The Executive Assistant to the CEO and Membership Assistant reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with the CEO plus the Membership Officer in the Development Team.
S/he must interact in a transparent and professional manner with a wide range of stakeholders (members, Board Members and staff). To perform this role successfully, s/he is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
- EA to the CEO (45%):
- Day to day support to the CEO;
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements;
- Prioritise emails and respond when necessary;
- Approve on behalf of the CEO expense claims and travel requests of the CEO line reports;
- Organise and prepare meetings with external stakeholders, representatives of Member Organisations, including gathering and preparing documents.
- Governance (15%)
- Support the Operations Manager in the governance of the association;
- Help organise the quarterly Board Meetings by gathering and preparing documents, liaising with colleagues as necessary, preparing minutes.
- Help prepare the documents for the Annual General Meeting, prepare minutes, submit publication of changes to the Belgian authorities (Belgian Gazette, Crossroads Bank, UBO Register).
- Membership Assistant (40%):
- Assist with the execution of the membership engagement programme;
- Prepare, attend and follow up on meetings with Member Organisations;
- Monitor progress of delivery towards members;
- Collect relevant data and contribute to member reports;
- Assist with the recruitment of new members;
- Keep our CRM system up to date and ensure the team is using it accurately with regards to members.
Skills and qualifications
- Extremely organised with keen attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to deal with pressure and change in calm and professional manner;
- Creative problem solver who is proactive and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Able to be combine assertiveness and diplomacy;
- Advanced user of software programs including spreadsheets, documents and presentations (Google Suite or alternative such as Microsoft), Salesforce, Jira, Confluence …
- Affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals.
- Proficiency in additional EU languages is desirable.
- Permanent, full-time position (38h per week);
- Based at Eurogroup for Animals office, 29 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels - Remote working possible;
- Only occasional work outside normal office hours (e.g. for AGM and Board meetings) which can be recuperated.
To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Aurélie Cassart - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your salary requirements in your cover email and include how you heard about this position.
We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.