Full-time position, currently remote (relocation expected to Brussels after COVID)
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, federating 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals. The purpose of Eurogroup for Animals is to drive positive change for animals by convening its members around common goals, and coordinating EU wide action to jointly influence EU laws and policies.
With growing emphasis on delivering and demonstrating concrete results for animals despite limited budgets, Eurogroup for Animals’ advocacy portfolio consists of dedicated programmes and a growing portfolio of campaigns. This happens against the background of general advocacy work with the European Parliament, European Commission and European Council to create a favourable political environment for animal welfare.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable professional to work hand in hand with the rest of our engagement team and further professionalise Eurogroup for Animals’ digital outreach in support of its advocacy efforts. By efficiently and effectively planning and developing, posting and analysing digital content, this position will strengthen the organisation’s online impact and brand.
- Update Eurogroup for Animals’ digital communications strategy and lead its implementation in close collaboration with the broader communications team; develop and manage budgets for digital activities, monitor progress and evaluate performance;
- Support program and project leaders with digital micro-strategies in support of political advocacy and mass mobilisation campaigns;
- Improve and manage Eurogroup for Animals’ website(s), including a.o. posting new, improving existing or deleting redundant content, improving SEO, implementing acquisition plans, tracking and analysing website performance, ensure necessary technical website maintenance (with the support of an external provider);
- Manage the organisation’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube) in accordance with the organisation’s editorial calendar, including a.o. posting of content, tracking and analysing performance, devising and implementing dedicated social media strategies for advocacy purposes and growing our supporter communities;
- Develop and implement audio and audiovisual products for our media channels such as info-graphics, quote cards, audio clips and short videos;
- Identify and manage external contractors for delivery of digital services;
- Produce the organisation’s weekly newsletter, Eurobulletin, according to high quality standards such as timeliness, relevance, accuracy and reader-friendliness; produce the bi-weekly podcast;
- Develop a “community” of animal advocacy communication professionals among our member organisations to foster exchange, knowledge and expertise and maximise our collective communications impact. Occasionally develop digital trainings and skillshares; coordinate and facilitate digital cooperation with Eurogroup for Animals ’member organisations;
- Stay abreast of relevant developments and news in animal advocacy across Europe.
Knowledge/Job Specific Competencies:
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience (working as a webmaster, content manager or strategist, digital marketeer or similar);
- Demonstrated online communication/marketing experience for a non profit organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality written content in English and proven sound editorial judgement;
- Proven track record in CMS, web management, developing and implementing digital strategies, including technical knowledge of systems and tools used for that;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills to translate complex issues in accessible language;
- Proficiency in tracking and measuring digital communication performance through analytic systems (Google/Twitter Analytics) ;
- Proficiency in CMS (Drupal), CRM and email marketing systems (Salesforce/Pardot);
- Demonstrated understanding of Facebook marketing, experience in working with Facebook marketing is highly desired;
- Affinity with animal welfare issues - commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role;
- Good project management skills and familiarity with project management tools
- Demonstrable ability to drive forward work on own initiative and with limited guidance;
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and enthuse others;
- Preference for working in multicultural environments;
- A diplomatic and sensitive working style;
- Ability to plan ahead and be proactive around communication opportunities online
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork;
- Results oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style
- Strong sense of detail with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in meeting deadlines and handling multiple issues simultaneously.
- Flexible person and enjoys working in a high-pace environment
- Higher Education Degree in a relevant functional field such as communications or marketing.
- Proficiency in other European languages.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to applyTo apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Word format) by email to Louise Hilditch by 10 November 2020 at email@example.com. Please mention your salary expectations in your cover letter.