Full-time position, based in Brussels
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, representing 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals where the well-being of animals is assured because they experience a good life.
The purpose of Eurogroup for Animals is to drive positive change for animals by convening its members around common goals, and coordinating EU wide action to jointly influence EU laws and policies. Our advocacy work consists of dedicated programmes and a growing portfolio of projects and campaigns.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking the help of a highly motivated, experienced and knowledgeable professional to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ communications in support of our advocacy efforts.
The main focus of Eurogroup for Animals’ Communications Officer is to ensure the continuous improvement of its communications activities whilst implementing our corporate and digital communications strategy.
The work includes a strong focus on content management, delivering editorial and branding consistency in our communications products and quality improvement across the board of our communication outputs (websites, facebook, twitter, publications, campaign materials, weekly newsletter, magazine, etc).
The role also includes developing and managing our relationship with the media and leading special communications projects.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of Eurogroup for Animals’ corporate and digital communications strategy.
- Implement content and quality management across Eurogroup for Animals’ communication activities. This includes managing a content pipeline/planning and optimizing communication impact towards our key audiences. This involves strategically managing content and dispatching across our respective communication channels and products. It also includes training of other staff if and where necessary.
- Manage the production process of our publications, with the support of our trusted freelancers
- Responsible for the quality of all written coms outputs, with the support of our freelance copywriter
- Under the supervision of our Public Affairs Manager, develop and implement a dedicated media relations strategy
- Develop and manage micro-strategies around key events or other important moments in order to ensure smooth integration in Eurogroup for Animals’ general communication strategies.
- Develop a “community” of animal advocacy communication professionals among our member organisations to foster exchange, knowledge and expertise and maximize our collective communications impact.
As a producer of communication content, this role is positioned at the crossroad between our thematic, campaigning and general advocacy work. We are therefore looking for a highly organised professional with strong interpersonal, people and stakeholder management skills.
- At least 5 years professional experience;
- University/Higher Education Degree in a relevant functional field such as journalism/communication/marketing;
- Demonstrated on - and offline communication/marketing experience for a nonprofit organisation, with a strong emphasis on measurable communications strategy development for advocacy purposes;
- Demonstrated experience in conceiving and implementing content and quality management strategies in communications, including technical knowledge of systems and tools used for that;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in working with media;
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, in English, to translate complex issues in accessible, layman’s language
- Affinity with animal welfare issues - commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role;
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Results- and customer oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style
- Strong sense of detail with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Familiar with Drupal and Salesforce
- Good project management skills
- Proficiency in at least one other European language;
- Good understanding of EU politics and dynamics.
- already possesses a network of relationships in international media
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Word format) by email to Louise Hilditch firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your salary expectations.