Full-time position, based in Brussels
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, representing 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals where the well-being of animals is assured because they experience a good life.
The purpose of Eurogroup for Animals is to drive positive change for animals by convening its members around common goals, and coordinating EU wide action to jointly influence EU laws and policies. Our advocacy work consists of dedicated programmes and a growing portfolio of projects and campaigns.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and skilled colleague to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ communications in support of our advocacy efforts in the particular field of farm animal welfare.
The main focus of this position is to increase the profile of our farm animal advocacy work across our communication channels by conceiving and implementing high-impact communications actions and campaigns on farm animal welfare.
The work includes a strong focus on content creation and production concerning our farm animal welfare programmes and engaging our members in coordinated communications work on these topics. The scope of the work will mainly concentrate on chicken but also covers initiatives in the area of fish, pigs and dairy cow welfare, with thematic issues as the transport of live animals, mutilations, slaughter and our work on alternatives taking a prominent space.
- Develop and implement dedicated micro- communication strategies and campaign efforts for each farm animal advocacy project and program;
- Develop and implement micro-strategies around key events or other important moments in order to ensure smooth integration in Eurogroup for Animals’ general communication strategies;
- Develop and implement micro-strategies to boost the communications impact of our farm animal welfare team across their own social media channels (twitter, linkedin).
- Source, edit and post quality farm animal welfare content across our communication channels and ensure our website(s) remain lively and up to date on those issues;
- Produce farm animal welfare related publications and other off-line and online products, including whenever necessary dedicated web pages or websites;
- Work with Eurogroup for Animals’ engagement team to ensure optimal and timely coverage of farm animal welfare issues across our digital communications channels
- Develop a “community” of animal advocacy communication professionals among our member organizations particularly active on farm animal welfare so as to foster exchange, knowledge and expertise and maximize our collective communications impact.
As a producer of communication/campaign strategies on farm animal welfare, this role is positioned at the crossroad between our engagement, campaigning and farm animal advocacy work. We are therefore looking for a highly organized person with strong interpersonal, people and stakeholder management skills to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders this position will interact with both in our team and with our member organisations.
- At least 3 years professional experience;
- University/Higher Education Degree in a relevant functional field such as communication/marketing/journalism;
- On - and offline communication/marketing experience for a nonprofit organisation, with a strong emphasis on measurable communications strategy development for advocacy purposes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, in English, to translate complex issues in accessible, layman’s language;
- Affinity with farm animal welfare issues - commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role;
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in multitasking and meeting deadlines;
- Results- and customer oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style;
- Strong sense of detail with the ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Familiar with Drupal and CRM systems;
- Good project management skills;
- Proficiency in at least one other European language;
- Understanding of EU politics and dynamics.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Word format) by email to Louise Hilditch firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your salary expectations.