The Office Administrator has an ‘all round’ role, playing a key part in ensuring that the organisation runs smoothly. We are looking for someone who is keen to always make things better, help others and loves to do administrative jobs. Our administrative officer is a hands on person, has a flexible attitude and a great eye for detail. S/he reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with the Finance Manager, CEO and all other staff members.
Finance administration (25%)
Support the Finance Manager in achieving the smooth and efficient running of the association’s finances. This includes but is not limited to:
- requesting quotes & raising purchase orders for office supplies;
- filing of purchase orders from all colleagues;
- checking service is delivered as agreed;
- Entering all Eurogroup for Animals invoices in our bookkeeping software;
- checking expense & credit card reports and supporting documents;
- maintaining and improving the supplier database;
- keeping accurate and up-to-date records in digital / paper format;
- liaising with other staff members as required.
Membership administration (30%)
Conducting the regular processes relating to membership management including but not limited to:
- processing new membership applications;
- ensuring receipt of annual renewal forms, issuing invoices, following up on payment and producing ‘thank you’ letters ;
- ensuring membership records are up to date in CRM database (SalesForce) and extract reports as required;
- answering queries from members or redirecting them to colleagues as required;
Governance administration (10%)
- Assist Operations Manager with items related to the Board and AGM;
- Filing changes with the Belgian Official Journal (Moniteur belge / Belgisch Staatsblad).
Administration of office supplies, inventory and IT systems (20%)
Ensuring optimal management of the supplies the office needs, updating the inventory and the smooth running of the various systems and hardware of the organisation, including but not limited to:
- keeping the office inventory up-to-date, ordering new supplies (coffee, water, other drinks, etc.) and equipment (IT, furniture etc.) as required;
- setting up new accounts, managing licences, ensuring all colleagues use applications;
- Improve and manage the IT support of the organisation.
Other administrative support (15%)
- Support the CEO as required with tasks such as setting up meetings with key stakeholders;
- Support the whole team in organising online and physical meetings, liaising with suppliers (catering, cleaning & maintenance companies) and the building owner as required.
- Fluent written and spoken English, advanced written and spoken French. Knowledge of Dutch would also be an advantage;
- Basic bookkeeping / financial administration skills;
- Advanced user of software programs including spreadsheets, documents and presentations, (GoogleSuite or alternatives such as Microsoft/Mac etc.);
- Confident at managing accounts and invoices;
- Strong organisational skills (meetings, suppliers etc.);
- Good IT skills (experience with cloud computing is a plus);
- Experience of dealing with governance bodies (Board, AGM) is a plus.
- Professional, striving for excellence;
- Proactive and solutions-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills showing maturity and confidence;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to deal with pressure and change in a calm and professional manner.
Additional knowledge that would be of benefit:
- Understanding of and knowledge of the Brussels environment and the European institutions.
The person should have affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals.
Additional information about the position:
- Full-time, permanent position, based in Brussels;
- Only occasional work outside normal office hours (e.g. for AGM and Board meetings).
To apply, please send your CV and a one page cover letter to Louise Hilditch on email@example.com
There is no deadline for applications; we will review candidates as they come in and close the vacancy once the post is filled.