The next EU Platform on Animal Welfare meeting will take place on Monday
8 June 2020
Due to COVID-19 measures, the seventh meeting of the EU Platform on Animal Welfare will be held online.
The 7th meeting of the EU Platform on Animal Welfare will take place on Monday 15 June.
The agenda includes:
- Croatian Presidency presentation on the illegal trade of pet animals
- Speech by Commissioner Stella Kyriakides
- Animal welfare within the Farm to Fork strategy
- Mid-term findings of the evaluation of the EU Strategy for the Protection and Welfare of Animals 2012-2015
- Follow up of the documents produced by the subgroups on animal transport “Unweaned animals (calves)” and on the welfare of pigs “Measuring tail damage at the slaughterhouse and setting common thresholds”
- Creation of a subgroup on animal welfare labelling
- Conclusions of the voluntary initiative on responsible ownership and care of equidae - Guide to good animal welfare practice for the keeping, care, training and use of donkeys and donkey hybrids
- Conclusions of the voluntary initiative on the health and welfare of pets (dogs) in trade - Infographs and accompanying leaflets for buyers of dogs and for online platforms
- Conclusions of the voluntary initiative on the welfare of fish – Guidelines on Water Quality and Handling for the Welfare of Farmed Vertebrate Fish
- Work programmes of the EU Reference Centres for Animal Welfare
- Third Action plan of the OIE Platform on Animal Welfare for Europe
The meeting will be live streamed here.
You can follow our live tweeting by checking our Twitter account or by using the official hashtag: #EU4AnimalWelfare.
Read more at source