Major new report: What’s behind fashion? Animal welfare and the European fur trade will be launched at 13.00 on 15 October 2015 in the European Parliament
This report takes a closer look at animal welfare in fur farms and the marketing tactics of the European fur industry, with a special focus on the Nordic countries. The European fur industry, and especially the Nordic fur industry, markets itself as a responsible business concerned about ethics. This report takes a closer look at animal welfare in fur farms and the marketing tactics of the European fur industry, with a special focus on the Nordic countries.
This new report explains the real animal welfare problems backed up by clear references to scientific studies, legislation and photographic evidence.
- What’s behind fashion? Animal welfare and the European fur trade
- Date: Thursday 15th of October, 13.00-14.00
- Hosted by MEP Heidi Hautala, Finland
- Location: ASP 04F384 , European Parliament
- The event is organised by the Fur Free Alliance and Eurogroup for Animals.
- 13.00 Opening remarks by MEP Janusz Wojciechowski, Poland, President of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals
- 13.05 Welcome remarks by Reineke Hameleers, Director Eurogroup for Animals and Joh Vinding, Chair Fur Free Alliance
- 13.10 Presentation of the report by the co-authors Salla Tuomivaara, Director Animalia, and Siri Martinsen, veterinarian, Director NOAH
- 13.35 Comments by MEP Sirpa Pietikäinen, Finland
- 13.40 Comments by MEP Jeppe Kofod, Denmark
- 13.45 Documentation from fur farms, Jo-Anne McArthur, photographer
- 13.55 Concluding remarks Reineke Hameleers, Director Eurogroup for Animals, and Joh Vinding, Chair Fur Free Alliance