Fight against animal abuse : historic vote at the French National Assembly
Last week, a historic vote for the animals took place in France.
The legislative text covers the following points :
- New measures against pets abandonment
- Mandatory sterilisation of stray cats
- A ban on pony rides at fairs
- Increased penalties for acts of cruelty and serious animal abuse
- New measures against zoophilia
- A ban on wild animals in circuses
- The end of cetacean captivity
- A ban on bears and wolves shows
- The end of mink farms
The adoption of this bill is an incredibly big step for animal welfare in France, even if it forgets very important topics, such as intensive breeding or bullfights.