Programme Leader Farm Animals
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, federating 58 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals.
The purpose of Eurogroup for Animals is to drive positive change for animals by convening its members around common goals, and coordinating EU wide action to jointly influence EU laws and policies.
With growing emphasis on delivering and demonstrating concrete results for animals despite limited budgets in a stagnating European legislative landscape, Eurogroup for Animals' advocacy portfolio consists of dedicated programmes and a growing portfolio of projects and campaigns. This happens against the background of general advocacy work with the European Parliament, European Commission and European Council to create a favourable political environment for animal welfare.
The Programme Leader Farm Animals is responsible for the formulation and execution of the farm animal strategy involving several programmes and projects. He/she ensures close membership involvement, delivering high quality results together with the farm animal team and is constantly looking for new opportunities in the EU arena to reach our goals.
Our new programme leader will have strong EU farm animal welfare advocacy experience and skills. This farm animal advocate is very focused on delivering impactful results whilst empowering others and managing a broad farm animal welfare portfolio. In your application, you must show that you have the following skills:
- At least 5 years experience of professional EU advocacy ideally combined with in-depth understanding of farm animal welfare issues.
- Strong writing skills and full proficiency in English plus one other EU language.
- Good representational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Team player, proactively working and able to engage with farm animal colleagues, members of Eurogroup for Animals’ network and allied and opponent stakeholders.
- Commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating your name and the role title in the subject of your email.